“CorScans” means “heart scans” in Latin
CorScans is a leading-edge healthcare organization based in Boulder, Colorado. Founders Donald Walford and Mark Saunders launched CorScans in 2020 with the purpose of preventing and reversing America’s No. 1 killer (heart disease) and America’s No. 3 killer (stroke).
Our medical advisory board, sonographers, and health coaches help deliver CorScans’ mission to provide state-of-the-art medically diagnostic information and give people the resources and support they need to reverse heart disease.
CorScans works side-by-side with primary care physicians, cardiologists, primary care organizations, nurse practitioners, ultrasound techs, and other healthcare providers to bring about the highest level of care for our patients.
C-IMT the Details
We bridge the lifestyle gap between doctors and their patients by addressing the root causes of heart disease.
Know the Facts
- 48% of American adults have heart disease
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of Americans
- 655,000 Americans died of heart disease in 2017 (the most recent American Heart Association data) — that’s approximately 1,800 people every day
- Stroke is the No. 3 cause of death for Americans, behind heart disease and cancer
- Strokes can and DO happen at ANY age
Want More Info About C-IMT Testing?
CorScans encourages all adults over 50 to have an annual C-IMT scan. In addition, this test is recommended for younger patients who have one or more of the following cardiovascular risk factors:
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Tobacco use
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High LDL cholesterol (often called “bad” cholesterol)
- Low HDL cholesterol (often called “good” cholesterol)
- Elevated triglycerides